Toybox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iSmile's ban appeal

3 posters

Go down

iSmile's ban appeal Empty iSmile's ban appeal

Post by iSmile Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:35 am

My name is iSmile, and remained that at the time of my ban.

My Steam ID is STEAM_1:1:21792695

I was banned by Puffin

I was banned for telling him what to do. It was like that because he came in, like a spy, with the username of "dumb". He wouldn't leave my build site, and I kept telling him to get off it. He changed name to Puffin, but since I didn't know any of the admins names, I continued to tell him to move, with everyone telling me to stop. I finally found out that he was an admin, and I was banned.

I think I should get another chance because it was just an honest mistake. Everyone makes mistakes, right? Well, anyway, I just thought he was a normal user, since he went with a name only normal users use, as seen above. But from now on, I will treat everyone like they're admins. And to Puffin: I'm truly sorry for what I did.

-iSmile

iSmile

Back to top Go down

iSmile's ban appeal Empty Re: iSmile's ban appeal

Post by Puffin Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:38 am

Well here's what I think about this:

First off, when I was in your "building site" I made a point to stay out of your way of building. Instead, you kept yelling at me to get out but followed me around. Instead of going on with your life and just building it, you persisted to yell at me to get out of the way, even though I was not in your way.

Second, I have a fairly good memory, and I distinctly remember, as soon as I changed my name back to Puffin, you checked !adminonline, said something like "OH SHIT", then after, said "well I'm going to a good toybox server, good bye." And left the game. However at this point I already had your steam ID and banned you.

The main reason I banned you was for disrespect and base snobbing.
My problem with base snobbing is this:

If someone wants to be in your base, they can. You did not create the game, it's not YOUR base. You are taking a place made by Left 4 Dead creators and building around it. It's not yours. However, if someone goes into your base and is constantly in your way of building, a nice "hey would you mind moving?" would be much better than "MOVE BIOTCH, GET OUT THA WAY". If they come in and automatically start deleting your stuff, !votekick is your friend. But if they just want a place to stay, not in your way, not deleting your stuff, you have no right to kick them out.

I admit, a one week ban for this may have been a little harsh, and I appreciate how professional your ban appeal was (normally we get some that I can barely read, accusational and everything) and I accept your apology. If I'm not mistaken, you have 4 days left of the ban. I'll reduce it to 2.

Thanks again for the professionalism,
Puffin

Puffin

Back to top Go down

Post by SOOTHSAYER Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:09 am

holy shit the first 2 post ban resolve ohnoes
SOOTHSAYER
SOOTHSAYER

Back to top Go down

Post by Puffin Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:22 pm

Why is it that all regular players insist on commenting on ban appeals?

Puffin

Back to top Go down

Post by SOOTHSAYER Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:25 pm

what else is there thats going on tb forum? ohnoes
SOOTHSAYER
SOOTHSAYER

Back to top Go down

Post by iSmile Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:00 pm

Thank you, Puffin. That means alot to me. Very Happy

iSmile