available customs

Go down

available customs

Post by pigtailsboy on Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:39 pm

This is not a request for custom availability but a request for a map should that ever come about. Found a nice big survival map. http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=7242

Whether or not you've seen it I can't describe how space and real estate is available to build on. To name the prime areas, multiple shops, a ceda inoculation camp, a drive through fast food eatery, a bowling alley with bar kitchen and numerous VIP rooms, an independent theater with multiple screening rooms, offices and in house kitchen and a vast parking lot.

give it a dl and explore the roominess.

Here are some pics that don't do it justice.
hosted off l4dmaps

pigtailsboy

Back to top Go down

Re: available customs

Post by scrotaltorment on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:59 pm

While we'd love to have maps with alot more real estate to build on, the problem is that new maps require everyone has them installed in order to join. Which would mean if we did it in a standard server, when it switched to that, people would be kicked. Which would piss people off. Now, If we had the money to run a custom map server, where we could run our own custom maps (Like a huge ass field for us all to build in), then it would be a possibility. But to be honest, I don't see us getting any custom maps any time in the near future. It's just a financial problem.

scrotaltorment

Back to top Go down

Post by Flow on Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Looks create I found another two if you guys want to use it.
http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=8533
And another one that many people play and I think would be very interesting on Toybox is Helms Deep.
http://www.l4dmaps.com/details.php?file=7302
And yea, I think we should have one server that only has addons that are survivals.

Flow

Back to top Go down

Post by pigtailsboy on Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:39 pm

helms isn't ideal for a crowd of reasons. Starting it involves accessing the safe area. Any building would involve teliporting out of the spawning room to access other areas. It's a tall map with lots of ledges, so people would probably die on purpose or by accident. Even with it's popularity and excessive space it doesn't have many places to build and people might block off places where the infected pass through and shut down all access to certain areas. The map is programed to end. It's got a programed conclusion. At the final stage the camera blurs and prevents you from staying in the gun stand area, forcing you to move upstairs. After that the player is stuck on a path track towards the center field. Last thing I could say against helms is that spawns only come from one single place on the map - behind some rocks. This might prevent everyone from being able to fight from where they've holed up. You could even block off the spawns all together given that they all originate from one place.

Seems to me helms is all in the experience it was designed to share with the player. Sure it's survival and by it's nature survival is a losing battle but this is a losing battle you can win.

bedroom looks like it could fit the bill though. Big and spacious and probably multiple spawning areas.

pigtailsboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum