Toybox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Please sticky?) Server Suggestions

4 posters

Go down

(Please sticky?) Server Suggestions Empty (Please sticky?) Server Suggestions

Post by Sebastian Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:36 am

Post your server ideas/suggestions here Very Happy

My ideas for versus:
1. Give the hunter and smoker classes a form of Camouflage, and the hunter should constantly be playing the purring sound from predator when hes not crouching, but the sound should be kind of low so the survivors could barely pick up on it.

2. Spitter should have about 50% more health, and if possible it would be nice to eliminate that temporary slowdown that spitter has after spitting.

Boomer could have a bigger explosion radius on death, maybe about 10-20% bigger?

4. It would be nice if none of the infected could be killed by shovespam...

5. Low gravity disabled, but the jockey has a slightly higher lunge distance or simply an increase in health.

6. Randomly picked special infected recieve a bonus on spawn, ie: faster primary recharge, higher movespeed (doesnt have to be insane amounts),double damage(or +50% damage),personal cloaking field, ability to change model to that of a prop (Pounced by a traffic cone!!!) or other useful improvements. This is the iffy one for me, because it wouldnt exactly be fair if all four specials had a bonus ability, so i was thinking that it would only happen for one player at a time, in order for the players when they died and respawn, so say infected 1 had the ability, and after he died, infected 2 would respawn with and ability, and so on.

Wasn't exactly going for a wall of text thing here, but i kinda wanted to get these ideas out...

Sebastian

Back to top Go down

(Please sticky?) Server Suggestions Empty Pounced by a traffic cone.

Post by Damian Payne Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:47 pm

scratch Versus? Really?

Versus is probably one of the lowest priority game modes for Toybox at the moment. I've already tried an entire revamp for versus where the Toybox menu was changed and the teams were somewhat balanced. But that was the biggest issue.

Balancing is almost impossible with a server modded to this extent.

Firstly, it's a competitive game mode. People are coming in not knowing that it's this modded anyway. Rage quits are almost constant as many people don't know what the hell is going on, especially when their enemy is flying away, building stuff on them, and changing their model into a traffic cone. Do you know how annoying it is for newcomers to get pounced by a traffic cone, then spit on by a car? You could almost never get a good game going because one of the teams would completely rage quit, making the server shut down.

It was complete madness. So I had to remove a lot of features. Building had to be removed because people completely disregarded spam rules. The jetpack was disabled because it made hordes useless, the smoker tongue useless, and people could fly over the entire map unharmed. Crouch speed even had to be disabled because some survivors would speed their way to the saferoom and leave everyone else dead. Thus, rounds would last like ~2 minutes. The character select menu had to be disabled to avoid confusion. Same with the model me menu. But what's worse with the model me menu is that it bugged the game to hell. If a special infected changed their model to a survivor, and then charged/pounced someone, they would be invincible as the game recognizes them as a survivor, and yet their victims would still get owned.

The survivors used to be godlike. Now they're pretty boring. The only thing left is the special infected. To get them modded and up to survivor power level was to recode half of the toybox plugins. I wasn't very thrilled when I had to add code that increased their speed, health, fixed their gravity (hunter/jockey), and recode the Toybox Events so they don't mess with the game too hard. The changes with convars for special infected would bug out half the time too and wouldn't register. Overlapping convars over the sourcemod originals was a disaster. I had to reload the versus.cfg at a few hooked events and intervals just so they don't blank out and revert back to coop/survival default.

At the end of the day, Versus was still unbalanced. It wasn't even Toybox anymore. Toybox is supposed to make it easy* and fun for the survivors. Doing that in a competitive game mode is.... meh...
*Easy if you know your way around.

HOWEVER, I would gladly take up these suggestions if we had more servers. A server that was Toybox-Versus specific isn't entirely unrealistic, all we would need was more coders for the plugins. I really couldn't take up the burden of doing it all just for a Versus server that might not be a hit. Crying or Very sad
If you can get more server suggestions in here that are more related to the current Toybox, then sure I'll sticky it. Smile

Allow me to quickly address your suggestions though:

1. Camouflage is possible, editing the sound effects like that however, I'm not sure about.
2. I think the slowdown is hardcoded, but that's why I increased the spitter speed as a bonus.
3. Originally the boomer explosion radius was maximum, so anyone even able to see him would get boomed on. But the convar that handled this didn't want to work.
4. Already a plugin for that, would be easy. Smile
5. No low gravity? ... pale
6. Sounds like a mini-Toybox Event for special infected players. Dunno, would take a lot of code.

Last edited by DamianPayne on Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Damian Payne
Damian Payne
Admin

Back to top Go down

(Please sticky?) Server Suggestions Empty BOOMED BY A TRASHCAN!?!?!?!

Post by Sebastian Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:44 am

Well it was intended that the ideas be used in the event that toybox somehow did become viable as a versus server... Anyhow, the only reason i focused on versus was because i wanted to get some of those ideas out so i wouldnt forget them in the future.

Ideas for Survival:
1. Put the tanks health back to normal.... or closer to it.... When the tank has such a high health, and there being no RPG mod, theres kind of no reward for killing the tank at all... and with the damage on expert theres also no real point to letting him have such an obscene amount of health....

2. More props: Im sure this idea is in the works, but it would be interesting to see some newer props in the build menu... Not many new, but some that fill different functions, or just other aesthetic appeals.

3.Infinite charged rifle rounds...? I noticed this server had the railgun plugin... or whatever it may be called... but i also noticed its a one time per life use... and from there i was sad.... because it one hit kills tanks i assume it is only one use per life?

4. Needs more cowbell! *clang clang clang*

Sebastian

Back to top Go down

(Please sticky?) Server Suggestions Empty Re: (Please sticky?) Server Suggestions

Post by Damian Payne Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:21 am

1. Expert has been unlocked, though I'm keeping the tank health. You just gotta know how to deal with tanks, there are a lot of ways. Wink

2. Don't forget, you can always use the prop_dynamic_create command! Spawn any prop as long as you know the model code. (Tutorial at the bottom of the MOTD)
Though I will be adding more Prop Packs to the menu since I've been finding myself in need of some useful props and I never have the bind or code on me.

3. "Lethal Weapon". Removed it.
If I re-add it, I'll rewrite it so the explosion is less resource heavy and there'll be a cooldown time. If I re-add it.

4. The public has spoken, Toybox will get more cowbell. pig
Damian Payne
Damian Payne
Admin

Back to top Go down

(Please sticky?) Server Suggestions Empty 3 suggestions

Post by yarlson Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:53 pm

I just have three suggestions for now

1. I don't know how hard this would be or if its even possible but I thought it might be cool if before a game starts or a round or maybe even on the fly, all players could vote and decide which mods and plugins to use, say for example, everyone agrees that moon jumping is a bit excessive and wants to disable it for a round, or maybe they don't want infinite ammo for a round to add a bit more challenge. Maybe they want to disable the weapons menu (but keep the creation menu) or the portal, maybe for some reason they don't want CS weapons to spawn etc. If this is possible I think it would be a great way to really keep things fresh and keep players happy.

2. Maybe there is actually already a way to do this so please inform me if there is, but I haven't figured it out yet. There should be a way to bind specific items to a key so that you can minimize time spent in the menu for things you use most often. One example, I would like to have 3 key binds for molotov, pipebomb, bile bomb spawns, so I can push u and a molo spawns etc. It would also make building easier in certain situations or for certain structures that you may build repeatedly.

3. this is just a little thing, but I feel like the extra fire power you gave to the grenade launcher was AWESOME and I noticed playing on toybox 3 earlier today that the firing rate has now been delayed. I think the option to use the super launcher should still be there, maybe could be one of the vote-able aspects suggested in 1.

Hope my suggestions are useful thank you for your ear!

yarlson

Back to top Go down

(Please sticky?) Server Suggestions Empty O.o

Post by Guest Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Maybe you should put in a menu that would allow the person(s) to switch over the the infected team. Although they shouldnt have the FULL attributes of the infected, because then the survivor's team would be barren and silly (no not though the !csm menu). Also, you could start adding l4d1 servers to the toybox line. And maybe PROPERLY use #5 to its full advantage.

-DoodleXD ohnoes

Back to top Go down

(Please sticky?) Server Suggestions Empty Re: (Please sticky?) Server Suggestions

Post by scrotaltorment Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:53 pm

yarlson wrote:
2. Maybe there is actually already a way to do this so please inform me if there is, but I haven't figured it out yet. There should be a way to bind specific items to a key so that you can minimize time spent in the menu for things you use most often. One example, I would like to have 3 key binds for molotov, pipebomb, bile bomb spawns, so I can push u and a molo spawns etc. It would also make building easier in certain situations or for certain structures that you may build repeatedly.
It is possible to bind a key to poop out an item. There is not a direct command for physics items such as molotovs, pipebombs or medpacks.
As for building, it is easy to bind using a "prop_dynamic_create" command bound to the key, where you put the file name of what you want in there.
I.e.
bind "f4" "prop_dynamic_create props_downtown/cigarettemachine.mdl"
would spawn a cigarette machine where you are pointing when you press f4. You can find any items path by going through the TB menu to view, and item info.

yarlson wrote:
3. this is just a little thing, but I feel like the extra fire power you gave to the grenade launcher was AWESOME and I noticed playing on toybox 3 earlier today that the firing rate has now been delayed. I think the option to use the super launcher should still be there, maybe could be one of the vote-able aspects suggested in 1.

The grenade launcher was causing massive server lag and in some cases, crashes, due to it's spam. We attempted to ask people to stop with the grenade launcher spam, but it's an impossible task, so we were forced to put the delay back into the grenade launcher. It is still faster then normal, but not so fast as to crash the server or cause problems.

scrotaltorment

Back to top Go down

Post by scrotaltorment Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:04 pm

DoodleXD wrote:Maybe you should put in a menu that would allow the person(s) to switch over the the infected team. Although they shouldnt have the FULL attributes of the infected, because then the survivor's team would be barren and silly (no not though the !csm menu). Also, you could start adding l4d1 servers to the toybox line. And maybe PROPERLY use #5 to its full advantage.

-DoodleXD ohnoes

Adding the ability for survivors to switch to infected can seriously break the server. It would have some MAJOR issues that would need to be worked out before this could be a possibility. #5, as far as me and damian are concerned, is being used PROPERLY because that is the reason it was purchased. It will have plenty of people invited in the future, but we have not gotten many applications for entrance. We are considering many future options at the moment, and my balls itch.

scrotaltorment

Back to top Go down

Post by yarlson Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:52 pm

any chance I could get a response to my first suggestion as well Very Happy
thank you

yarlson

Back to top Go down

Post by scrotaltorment Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:23 pm

yarlson wrote:any chance I could get a response to my first suggestion as well Very Happy
thank you

This suggestion is a possibility, but could possibly take some major work because of how some parts are so built in with each other. It is definitely something we're keeping in mind, though.

scrotaltorment

Back to top Go down

Post by yarlson Sat Mar 05, 2011 4:27 am

awesome Very Happy

yarlson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down