Toybox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Campaign servers!

4 posters

Go down

2 Campaign servers! Empty 2 Campaign servers!

Post by iSmile Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:23 am

Well, we all know that 2 servers might be enough, but since Toybox is only running Survival mode, I think we should have 2 more servers which run Campaign, without losing the Toybox taste. You can still build and all that, and you could do stuff like add onto maps, make little movies using props that aren't actually in the current map, or just play campaign, with the ability to equip any gun, and if you cannot find a way around, just build your way out of where-ever you're stuck. Who else likes it?

iSmile

Back to top Go down

2 Campaign servers! Empty Re: 2 Campaign servers!

Post by Damian Payne Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:34 am

!toybox > Tools > Vote GameMode

The servers actually run campaign by default. Survival is always seen just because it's popular.

We've tried a campaign-only server in the past. Many were opposed to it... what simpleminded, foolish players...

... it seemed as if the transition was too sudden. There was an obvious divide and constant confusion. Half of the players would always be shouting at the rest to hurry into the saferoom. The others were comprised of players that would either A. Run around and do pretty much nothing or B. Build obscenely intricate structures (my favorite kinda player), until votekicked or killed.

People think survival is favorable over campaign because there's more zombies and you have time before the round to build. But obviously these are coming from the players that only build forts to "survive", as if you actual need a fort to survive in Toybox.

Two servers definitely isn't enough. Setup of additional servers would need time for reflection over what to do about gamemode, however. I would love for a push toward campaign-oriented servers and mods, with campaign's numerous advantages and wide selection of custom maps.

One idea I had involved a stats/RPG plugin... with EXP only gained in campaign. bird
Damian Payne
Damian Payne
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by thor Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:37 am

What about doing something like a 1/3 rule once we get more servers. As in 1 out of every 3 servers will be campaign. And the other 2 survival because it is more favorable. Of course we could change the fraction around if needed. Just a suggestion.
thor
thor

Back to top Go down

Post by SOOTHSAYER Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:16 am

the thing is this though, any server can be made campaign but you need more then half the people to want to switch it. and damian i had the ranks idea a while back. its why i was asking you if only specific players could spawn specific props, my idea was F,D,C,B,A,S and SS ranks, where SS would be the best. And you get more perks the higher you are, maybe SS could noclip OR vote twice in starting the round votes, doesn't have to be those but just saying. ohnoes
SOOTHSAYER
SOOTHSAYER

Back to top Go down

Post by SOOTHSAYER Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:47 pm

damian, message me if your interested
SOOTHSAYER
SOOTHSAYER

Back to top Go down

Post by thor Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:35 pm

But do you know how many people play TB? Who will give them all these ranks? That is a lot of people to consider for "promotion" to a higher rank. Plus we don't want random kids being able to have more "powers" than other people. That will just cause more problems and end up having more kids arguing and "raging".
thor
thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Payne Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:26 pm

thor wrote:But do you know how many people play TB? Who will give them all these ranks? That is a lot of people to consider for "promotion" to a higher rank. Plus we don't want random kids being able to have more "powers" than other people. That will just cause more problems and end up having more kids arguing and "raging".

It would work in the same way I created levels in the old Toybox RPG (see this thread where I talked about it). Many of the issues that result from giving players great powers, like spam, were controlled through a cash system where you actually had to purchase items. However, you'll find many reasons as to why I scrapped it in the link I provided. I don't really care about kids raging. If they're truly dedicated, it'll take a long time to reach top ranks, and by then I would hope they understand the value of building and respecting other players. Kids have always been a problem, not because the same ones have always been there, but because there's so many new ones to refresh the batch... and with low ranking kids with possible limited access to features, it might be a deterrent for them.

Spoiler:
Damian Payne
Damian Payne
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by iSmile Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:14 pm

Yeah, like I sort of said, the servers we have now can remain at Survival, and 2 others are added that are on Campaign or something. Maybe we could use Realism or maybe Versus instead.

iSmile

Back to top Go down

Post by SOOTHSAYER Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:25 am

All the servers can do that, people just like survival better i guess, i like how we have time to build before the zombies come.

Also you'd have to have a a specific rank to spawn prop physic items like cars or atlas balls,

I was tossing ideas around with puffin and we got some pretty good ones
SOOTHSAYER
SOOTHSAYER

Back to top Go down

Post by thor Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:37 am

But how would Admins know who to "promote" to a higher level? Would people send in recommendations or something?
thor
thor

Back to top Go down

Post by SOOTHSAYER Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:39 am

Ok look at a different server group for a minute, its called XPM, its by far the best versus modded server and they have auto leveling based on how many infected you kill, teammates helped, we can go a step further and make props cost points to make people have to build smarter and there would be no spam.

*EDIT* *i also went on the servers yesterday and i asked everyone what they thought about adding rpg elements into toybox, they all liked the ideas, so letting you know the people are fine with a change*
SOOTHSAYER
SOOTHSAYER

Back to top Go down

Post by thor Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:28 am

Yeah but think about it. A bunch of kids leveling up and gaining powers. Kids can kill zombies to. Little high pitched annoying 7 year-olds can play TB and kill zombies to. They can revive teammates as well. I don't want kids running around being able to do more stuff than other kids. It will just cause more problems. The only ranking system I would like is if Admins controlled who gets what rank and abilities. And about you asking players how they thought of it, did you tell them to imagine little kids having these powers? I am against this and I will continue to argue over it. Thanks for trying to help out this great server but this idea is bad in my opinion.

EDIT: Also, I find it somewhat rude to talk about a completely different topic on another user's thread. I would appreciate it if you would make you own thread with your ideas because you said you have had a few of them. It would get more attention if you made your own thread on the actual idea you want to happen.

Sincerely, Dylan
thor
thor

Back to top Go down

Post by SOOTHSAYER Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:42 am

ah see the thing is the highest rank someone can get without being approved by admins is a b rank, which isn't that powerful >.>

Theres a lot to work out but we have a bunch of people that'll help >.>

and thor topics get off topic A LOT on the forums so shush
SOOTHSAYER
SOOTHSAYER

Back to top Go down

Post by thor Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:53 pm

I know they do. Just saying that your ideas might get more attention if oyu made a whole new thread about it. And don't tell me to shush, boy I whip yo ass!
thor
thor

Back to top Go down

Post by SOOTHSAYER Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:07 pm

thor....im 200 lb and 6'2.... let me know how that goes for you >.>
SOOTHSAYER
SOOTHSAYER

Back to top Go down

Post by thor Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:14 pm

And you point being?
thor
thor

Back to top Go down

Post by SOOTHSAYER Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:14 pm

My point is that toybox makes me feel like a real woman.
SOOTHSAYER
SOOTHSAYER

Back to top Go down

Post by thor Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:17 pm

Says Sooth who comments on everything >.>
thor
thor

Back to top Go down

Post by SOOTHSAYER Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:26 pm

SHUSH that is my job >.>
SOOTHSAYER
SOOTHSAYER

Back to top Go down

Post by thor Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:29 pm

That's my smiley you fruit-cake!
thor
thor

Back to top Go down

Post by SOOTHSAYER Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:14 am

SHUT UP YOU OVER-SQEEZED TANGERINE ohnoes
SOOTHSAYER
SOOTHSAYER

Back to top Go down

Post by thor Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:39 am

That's an orange.
Am I the only one who enjoys looking at graphic pictures of penises?
thor
thor

Back to top Go down

Post by SOOTHSAYER Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:39 pm

No. I thought I was the only one...
SOOTHSAYER
SOOTHSAYER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down