Toybox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mister Mittens' Magical Ideas! :3

3 posters

Go down

Mister Mittens' Magical Ideas! :3 Empty Mister Mittens' Magical Ideas! :3

Post by thor Mon May 30, 2011 3:13 pm

Before I get into my ideas I would like to say that we do need more servers in order for these ideas to actually work sufficiently. There is also a list of ideas that I would just like to see. Here they are:

Toy Box Improvement Ideas:

1.) Divided Servers:
There would be 2 types of servers. One being labeled "Big Boy Servers" and the other "Kid Servers". The main reason why I think this idea would be somewhat useful is the hatred between the two age groups. The youngens believe that the older, more mature kids are bossy, ignorant, or maybe even to "mature" for their liking. Now us big kids have a stereotype for little kids as well they do us. We(I am speaking as the majority) dislike "little kids" because they are annoying, have undeveloped voices, and tend to be more wild or hectic in-game. Both groups tend to kick each other as long as the have majority. So why not divide these to "groups" so we can live in peace and harmony.

2.) Hidden Moderators:
As far as I know, we can only see when Admins are online not when Moderators are online. These moderators would not be allowed to inform others of the fact that they are in fact moderators. Seriously, who want a player in the game who nags at people on what to do? I know I don't. These people would take "rule breaker's" User Names and Steam IDs along with a description on which rules they have broken. And would then either report back to the forums for a ban request or report back to a selected Admin to deal with the problems.

3.) Admin Online in Chat:
Whenever you join chat it will say welcome (username here) to Toy Box(or something of that sort) in the Chat Box. They should add on to that, listing any admins online. This is something small but I believe it would help.

PERSONAL IDEAS(Because I'm Selfish):

1.) More Lights?:
I would love to be able to post at least 2 or 3 more lights. I understand they lag but I would just love it.

2.) Make the Helicopter Impervious!:
On the level The Parish: The Bridge in survival you can delete the helicopter which leaves behind lights and invisible barriers which tend to irritate me. So I believe "TB" should make it un-deleteable along with all the insides(crates, moltovs, and other junk).

thor
thor

Back to top Go down

Mister Mittens' Magical Ideas! :3 Empty Re: Mister Mittens' Magical Ideas! :3

Post by Puffin Mon May 30, 2011 3:28 pm

1) I think your divided server idea could work with a little more thought. Here's my main problem with that though:
There are only "big kid" admins. If all the admins go to the big kid server, no one would be in the little kid server to stop the little kids from fucking with other people, deleting/editing other players props. No one would be there to keep the peace like they would on regular unsegregated servers. So we could work something like that out but I'm not sure if it would work.
2) The problem with this idea is that number 1, there are no moderators and we don't need moderators. and number 2, say someone is in game with a moderator (and doesn't know it), and decides he's going to delete people's creations. The moderator goes to report him so he will get banned, in the meantime, these people are getting pissed at the fact that their stuff is getting deleted, there are no admins online to quickly kick them so they would stop deleting stuff. I don't think this one would work.
3) I think that this wouldn't even matter. I kinda liked the whole "!adminonline" thing to know if an admin is online, but it really don't matter.
4) We used to be able to do more lights, but Damian had to change it because the amount of lights was getting ridiculous and it would quickly crash the server. This suggestion is an automatic no because Damian has been messing with the light mod for a while and 5 is the maximum without destroying the server, and we don't want that. Sorry!
5) I don't even care about this one. I'm also not sure if it's even possible. Let Damian read this and we'll see if he can do anything about that.

Puffin

Back to top Go down

Post by thor Mon May 30, 2011 3:37 pm

That is why I posted we would need new servers before any of the ideas would be brought into effect. I should have added that we could get moderators go into the "Kid's Server". Or have an admin without a mic go in. I really like that first idea. As you said before Puffin the main focus is on getting more servers. After that we can work on the smaller issues but I thought I would bring up a few every now and then to see what we could do. Thank you both for the the feedback. (Removed)
thor
thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Puffin Mon May 30, 2011 3:44 pm

I understand where you coming from but the thing is, I gaurantee you no admin wants OR moderator wants to go in a game of all kids with mics. That would be a living hell for us. And after the dreaded MONSTER incident, I'm pretty sure we will never have a kid moderator or admin. Therefore, there would be a server of dumbass 10 year olds roaming free doing whatever the fuck they want. And that's definitely not okay.

Puffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Puffin Mon May 30, 2011 3:46 pm

By the way, I do like that you are thinking of ideas for the servers. That helps a lot. Very Happy

Puffin

Back to top Go down

Post by thor Mon May 30, 2011 3:48 pm

Your welcome, and yeah that would suck. We could maybe but a few more restrictions on the kid servers though.
thor
thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Puffin Mon May 30, 2011 3:52 pm

See there's another problem, if we were to put restrictions on the kids servers, no one would want to play on it. Say we make it so they can't delete or edit props (so they don't do it to other people) BAM that's already a horrible problem. I don't see how we could put restrictions on the "kid's server" without no one wanting to play on it.

Puffin

Back to top Go down

Post by thor Mon May 30, 2011 3:59 pm

I was thinking more along the lines of deleting props quickly, as in spamming through and deleting them. Like maybe her the same message as if you were spamming props but make it say something like this, "do not delete props in a fast manor" or something like that. Yet I could still see how that is a problem. And if you could find a little kid who is mature enough to be an admin(which is going to be hard) maybe appoint him to the Kid's Server. Or just find someone who doesn't mind being around kids. Or maybe just give each admin a specific amount of time they have to spend on the Kid's Server. So each Admin would cycle out every 30 or so minutes. And you could change around the rules for the Kid's Servers(of course the "No Kids On Mic" rule). But, let them spam the mic we know how kids are. But just not with music.
thor
thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Puffin Mon May 30, 2011 4:09 pm

Another thing is that we couldn't force kids to be on the kids server. You have a good idea going but there's a list of problems and I know all of them. I'll let Damian Payne Boy Genius field them. If there's a way to do it, he would know.

Puffin

Back to top Go down

Post by thor Mon May 30, 2011 4:14 pm

You could always just go through each user who plays in TB and see who is a kid and ban them just from the Big Kids servers. And do the same so big kids can't get on the little kid servers. This would take awhile but I believe it will be worth it at the end. But wait until we get quite a few more servers though. And then we would have to find a percentage on how many kids there are to how many big kids there are to balance out the amount of servers each group gets. But I believe the Bigger Kids will always have priority. Just my opinion.
thor
thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Puffin Mon May 30, 2011 5:51 pm

That just seems pretty ridiculous. That would be like having another VIP only server but we'd have half the members allowed in and half the members not. I don't think we should go through 2000 members just to ban them from a server. And even if we did, that still doesn't solve the the problem of a kid's server being completely out of control. I just don't see how your idea could work at the moment.

Puffin

Back to top Go down

Post by thor Mon May 30, 2011 8:03 pm

I will think more about it tomorrow in spanish class.
thor
thor

Back to top Go down

Post by STK Tue May 31, 2011 9:11 am

spanish class eh?

necessitamos mas servers para Toybox

STK

Back to top Go down

Post by Puffin Tue May 31, 2011 12:39 pm

Me gustaria jugar en la servers de Toybox. Damian es cabron pero muy inteligente.
Sorry I'm a little rusty. It's been a while since I've taken a spanish class.

Puffin

Back to top Go down

Post by Puffin Tue May 31, 2011 12:42 pm

Creo que necessitamos mas servers para toybox STAT.

Puffin

Back to top Go down

Post by thor Tue May 31, 2011 3:35 pm

No hable espanol
thor
thor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down