Toybox
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Prop Units (open contribution)

2 posters

Go down

New Prop Units (open contribution) Empty New Prop Units (open contribution)

Post by pigtailsboy Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:39 pm

Add suggested prop or other editing concepts the thread.

In playing the game I often wish I could place certain props.

I'd love to see the introduction of a ladder prop. The ladder prop is used numerous times in many of the campaigns and is often usable. I know there's probably some scripting that makes this difficult to include and make usable AS a ladder. However the benefits of using a ladder as opposed to just jumping or flying with precision is obvious. Stairs take up to much space and zombies don't always see it as an option for use.

I'd love to see the introduction of a one-per-person-jukebox, like the teliport. Being able to place and delete a jukebox using the same code would make things more fun for those of us who hole up in one place. Should probably be a deletable prop to prevent misuse.

pigtailsboy

Back to top Go down

New Prop Units (open contribution) Empty Re: New Prop Units (open contribution)

Post by Guest Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:23 pm

Although a ladder does have its...pros. I think the jukebox is wayyyy more important. Killing zombies to Midnight Riders? Hell yeah! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian Payne Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:12 pm

Real ladders aren't created with entities, they're made during the actual map creation and can't be replicated.

The best you can do is create a stack of small props at an offset angle looking down. If you're wondering how that's done, I'm sure Doodle would be glad to explain.
Damian Payne
Damian Payne
Admin

Back to top Go down

New Prop Units (open contribution) Empty -_-

Post by Guest Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:46 pm

Very well. Creating ladders/stairs is a simple task if you have a small or thin pror to use. I use the info bubble because i feel like it ("prop_dynamic_create extras/info_speech.mdl"). Putting these props in a line to make a ladd is really simple. First, look straight down towards the ground under where you want the ladder to be. SecondStart building until desires length of ladder is complete. Third, test it and make sure its good to climb and escape the horde. Hope i helped.

-DoodleXdD

(P.S. I'm not good at explaining these things elephant )

Back to top Go down

Post by pigtailsboy Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:33 pm

I see, so it's not possible per se to make a ladder out of props, but a staggered stairway. And all those ladders I've seen are physically part of the levels they're in. I'll stick to my ramps then I guess. I saw some appeal in an extreme climb and not a gradual one.

pigtailsboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum